The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

A nice little piece about Chris Boyd
Discussion started by Ady32 (IP Logged), 16 May, 2019 07:17
Ady32
Ady32
16 May, 2019 07:17
In the Times

[www.thetimes.co.uk].

The quote about what the guys did in the gym is old as I remember thinking what a really astute observation!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/05/2019 07:19 by Ady32.

tedge
tedge
16 May, 2019 08:36
An excellent read !

sainttim
Saint Tim
16 May, 2019 09:25
Paywalled from it.

What was the gym quote?

MESSAGES->author
Saint.Kenneth
16 May, 2019 13:55
Saint Tim,

I canít read the article myself, but I believe the gym observation was when training inside due to bad weather, a few round balls were about and the players all started playing football. Chris said back in NZ the players would have used their hands and played basketball. In the NH football is the natural default where in NZ the players natural instincts was to use their hands, hence why handling is better/more natural to SH players.

sainttim
Saint Tim
16 May, 2019 15:33
Thanks - I remember that comment now.

Ady32
Ady32
16 May, 2019 16:30
It was that quote

ThornbySaint
ThornbySaint
17 May, 2019 00:48
For those who canít see it by following the link

***Please don't post entire pay walled articles, free to browse articles, fine, with a link to the article or at least a credit to the website

Other sites that don't seem to care and probably have the money for possible repercussions about these things can be found by copying the first paragraph of the article into google***

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/05/2019 07:58 by Saint Ted.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net