Re: OTD 2014
Dragonboy (IP Logged)
16 May, 2019 10:47
Well that’s brightened the day smiling smiley

HungryLikeTheWolf
Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
16 May, 2019 11:47
I think that is my most favourite Saints match. More than the final or Munster. Albeit when I was young, we beat Orrell in a semi at home which was also great.

St Marcus
St Marcus (IP Logged)
16 May, 2019 13:06
Yep, that's number one for me too. Remarkable match and incredible atmosphere - beats the Munster game and prem final for me. The noise throughout and particularly when Woody went over was quite special. What a night.

Here in case anyone wants to watch!

MESSAGES->author
Stockers (IP Logged)
16 May, 2019 13:43
Awesome win and with 14 men too!!

MESSAGES->author
Saint.Kenneth (IP Logged)
16 May, 2019 13:50
How the hell did he only have a one match ban for that. We struck lucky with that decision as it could have cost us big time in the final.

That night was simply the best sporting occasion I’ve been to (being at Anfield the other week against Barcelona running it close). The atmosphere, the match itself, beating Tigers after having been defeated so many times by them, the balmy weather, just everything about that evening was perfect.

Duckonstilts
Duckonstilts (IP Logged)
16 May, 2019 14:03
Quote:
Saint.Kenneth
How the hell did he only have a one match ban for that.

Punching Tom Youngs in the face is not a banable offence. The week off was a reward ;-)

As good as that match was it doesn't compete with the final for me. The match was better for sure but to finally win the league, and against Saracens was such a special day.

tboullem
Houghton Saint (IP Logged)
16 May, 2019 22:09
Still get a shiver down my spine as Smyler gets the ball out to Luther and then on to Woody

MESSAGES->author
Saint.Kenneth (IP Logged)
17 May, 2019 02:23
Well it's silly o'clock Friday morning because I started watching the game (see link above) and just had to watch it all.

For anyone who has only started supporting the Saints recently, this match is a must watch. For those of us that have supported the Saints a long time, it's also a must watch!!

I still think JP bottled it by not sending off possibly 3 Leicester players for what should have been double yellow cards for each of them.

MESSAGES->author
shendy (IP Logged)
17 May, 2019 08:04
Was that the game where Austin Healey got excited and said Calum Clarke had kneed someone in the head, shortly followed by a complete about-turn?

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
17 May, 2019 08:40
Quote:
shendy
Was that the game where Austin Healey got excited and said Calum Clarke had kneed someone in the head, shortly followed by a complete about-turn?

Yes - to quote Healey - "Oh he missed him, that's alright then"

BrianB
BrianB (IP Logged)
17 May, 2019 08:49
And Gonova got away with tackling Calum off the field of play!

fair_weather_fan
fair_weather_fan (IP Logged)
17 May, 2019 09:07
It's 2019 now and I think we née something more recent to remember.

LeicesterSaint
LeicesterSaint (IP Logged)
17 May, 2019 10:03
If I remember correctly Ma'fu's record has hardly exemplary prior to that incident but I think he got a reduction for 'fessing up, eg not wasting the whole day and a whole pack of biscuits. Definitely very lucky there!

Saintly Pursuit
Saintly Pursuit (IP Logged)
17 May, 2019 12:23
Aided by unreservedly apologising to Youngs prettty quickly afterwards. Even so, I thought he would get at least 3 weeks ban.

MESSAGES->author
OldPete (IP Logged)
17 May, 2019 13:03
I don't think that I have ever got home from a game with a bigger grin on my face

HungryLikeTheWolf
Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
17 May, 2019 17:03
It was a real shock to some Tigers fans. I remember guys on the opposite platform at the train station dishing out some serious stick to us “pipe down you’ll get ****ing hammered by Sarries”... “small club” etc

I think we sang back ‘can we play you every week’

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net