Latest News:
<

Saints Supporters' Liaison Group messages

SSC

MESSAGES->author
February meeting - items for agenda
smurfomatic (IP Logged)
26 January, 2015 11:16
Please post below any items you would like raising at the SSLG meeting and one of the COYS reps will raise your issue.

Photo Gallery

LaurieK
Re: February meeting - items for agenda
LaurieK (IP Logged)
26 January, 2015 12:18
When games have delays for TMO decisions the attending fans have to wait in complete ignorance of the discussion. Is it not possible to put on the big screen the nature of the refs question? We experienced this most recently at the Ospreys game.
It may not be in the club's ability to organise but at least they can try and help us fans. Can a request be made to the broadcasters on our behal, please.

Sarge
Sarge (IP Logged)
26 January, 2015 12:25
From Peter Milton via the SSC table last Saturday:

Now that the Exeter v Saints game has been set for Sunday 12th April it clashes with the Leon Barwell Foundation game at Sixfields.

Is there any plan to change the date of the latter match so that those travelling to Exeter can still get to see it?

MESSAGES->author
smurfomatic (IP Logged)
26 January, 2015 17:48
Thanks Laurie - I'm sure this has been mentioned before.

Sarge - Ive emailed Ella Bevan directly about that, as we won't be meeting until about six weeks before the game.

Photo Gallery

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/01/2015 18:37 by smurfomatic.

MESSAGES->author
smurfomatic (IP Logged)
27 January, 2015 09:11
Reply from Ella re LBT game:

Quote:
Ella Bevan
We are so far down the line with the football match that we can't change it as far as I can tell. We couldn't have the cobblers on a different day, loads of tickets have already been sold and we already have lots of confirmed players for that day. We are also absolutely gutted about the clash.

At our next trustees meeting we shall undoubtedly talk about it but I think at this late stage it would be too late to change.

I am assuming that the change of the saints game is because it will be on TV, once again, this is clearly out of our hands.

We are really gutted too as we did have Jim planned to play and I am sure he won't now!!

I have spoken to the other trustees following our communication to get a definitive answer to you and we will have to keep to the original date, as I said we have gone so far now it would be logistically impossible to change.

Photo Gallery

StMarlowe1
St Marlowe (IP Logged)
27 January, 2015 18:12
I'll raise this - but putting it here for completeness

What are the benefits to us financially when we have Friday evening games and others don't?

London Irish and Saracens avoid the Friday night and, so far, the Coventry-based-franchise.

Whatever the reasons, Saints / Glaws / Tigers seem to get the raw deal. When Saints have a couple of thousand more tickets to sell in the new stand, and are scheduled at home on Friday for three out of four games. The losses will then start mounting up.

David L

What if there were no hypothetical questions?

- Live wrong and preposterously

MESSAGES->author
01 February, 2015 11:45
How many competitive games will we have at home next season? Season ticket prices have increased but there is currently no LV Cup, ergo two fewer matches in the ST

Church's Stand, Block R, at the back noisily making lots of noise

tboullem
Mobbs (IP Logged)
02 February, 2015 12:52
Marlowe

This has been raised before and will be once more at the next meeting. The usual answer is that we are beholden to the TV companies on a permament basis throughout the season and to the International bodies during the AI/6N periods. There was a time when the club declared a preference for saturday afternoon fixtures at FG; those days clearly are now gone as we are moving fixtures even when we are not on the box. We used to have a little more negotiation with the Cobblers than now seems the case - Tiggers and Filberts never play at home on the same day so why do we ?

Laurie K

Last weekend at the Roundabout, decisions were shown on the big screens, so the technology must be available.

Adam

It does seem ridiculous that we still have no clear idea how next season will be formatted. Will there be an LV tournament during the early stages of the RWC ? When will be European competitions be staged ? Are we going to extend the season or are mid-week games a possibility.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2015 12:54 by Mobbs.

TheCobbler
TheCobbler (IP Logged)
05 February, 2015 13:38
Colours

Our colours are green black and Gold, so why do we have a cup shirt thats black and grey ??

I don't particularly like the idea of a cup shirt but if the moneys right etc then fair enough, but surely we ought to have a shirt that looks like a saints shirt. I won't rant on and on about it ... only to say i don't want the grey just to be the thin end of the wedge and a kit designer next year to say - how about a nice sky blue shirt (or whatever) that looks smart etc.

My ideal is that if someones puts a game on the Tv, and we're playing they ought to be able to tell its Saints without looking up who's playing (obviously with a bit of rugby knowledge !!)
and finally i would think our sponsors would like that as well

thanks

tboullem
Mobbs (IP Logged)
17 February, 2015 09:50
Clearly the issue of 'friday night Saints' will be discussed as it has provoked some degree of consternation on the forum.

I will try and get some confirmnation ( have I missed this already ? ) whether the builders are to be be delayed until after a provisional home play-off game at FG or will move in after London Welsh and thus we are to return to our new home at MK !

StMarlowe1
St Marlowe (IP Logged)
20 February, 2015 00:11
Mobbs
I have requested an agenda item on behalf of the SSC. Specifically addressing the non-TV Friday night games, and not accepting the "6 nations" excuse.
I think coming at it from this angle may be more productive.

David L

What if there were no hypothetical questions?

- Live wrong and preposterously

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net