Latest News:
<

Saints Supporters' Liaison Group messages

SSC

MESSAGES->author
SSLG September meeting
smurfomatic (IP Logged)
20 August, 2015 20:23
Please post below any points you would like to raise.

Points already on the list for discussion:

Season ticket value for money / "thankyou" gestures
Sturtridge Club & priority England tickets

Photo Gallery

Trog
Re: SSLG September meeting
Dave Jackson (IP Logged)
21 August, 2015 15:55
I know already mentioned but ballot for international tickets.

Any way the club can do more for fans who don't live in the county town. They must have database of season ticket holders postcodes. Other clubs like Exeter have negotiated discounts or free travel from surrounding areas with local transport firms. I think this would encourage some people from villages and towns around county to leave cars at home and use public transport etc. this also applies to free buses to MK etc. why not a limited bus offered from other towns.

I may come back to you about seats being moved for a season ticket renewal but will see how well e club manage my complaint. But yet is poor to move people with no advice.

Real ale bar. Any chance of local Northamptonshire breweries getting Some beer on

Food offering in the village seems much improved last year. Keep it up.

Is ref link ever likely to make a return?

That all for now.

MESSAGES->author
smurfomatic (IP Logged)
21 August, 2015 17:18
Dave - some of these points have been mentioned before I think.

Transport certainly has, in July last year. The comment was that the club were "looking into" a park & ride service. I will raise it again.

On the seat moving, let us know how it goes as Saints should have asked as a matter of courtesy.

I think the real ale bar is restricted by the contract with Carlsberg, but again will ask to see what the plans are for next season.

Glad to hear the food's better - that was a major bugbear from previous years!

IIRC Reflink isn't available any more due to some kind of licencing issue.

Photo Gallery

SaintsmanTom
SaintsmanTom (IP Logged)
21 August, 2015 17:46
Brass band on pitch before match. Happened in the amateur days, can be done for free.

Absolute no brainer. The trumpeter in the last home game was a good addition.

MESSAGES->author
smurfomatic (IP Logged)
21 August, 2015 23:08
That has been mentioned before as well - if you know any brass bands tell them to get in touch!

Photo Gallery

Saint Wilf
Saint Wilf (IP Logged)
22 August, 2015 07:46
Sauls are advertising their pie van on Facebook and will not be present at FG this year as it is not viable with fewer number of games. Another pie seller is expected to replace them. If Sauls cannot make it pay then the replacement MUST be a much inferior product. Why haven't the club reduced their rent to help probably the best & most popular food vendor at the ground?

MESSAGES->author
higgy365 (IP Logged)
22 August, 2015 14:09
Loss of Sauls would be distressing.

But I actually wanted to flag the seating issue- hearing of several people not being quite where they expected to be.

MESSAGES->author
23 August, 2015 12:16
Quote:
Saint Wilf
Sauls are advertising their pie van on Facebook and will not be present at FG this year as it is not viable with fewer number of games. Another pie seller is expected to replace them. If Sauls cannot make it pay then the replacement MUST be a much inferior product. Why haven't the club reduced their rent to help probably the best & most popular food vendor at the ground?

Maybe the club views the food vendors and associated rents as an important revenue stream that it needs to maximise in the interests of the wider business. Ultimately everybody is making a business decision here, Sauls will continue to operate their pork roll van and Saints will get somebody else in to pay the going rate. As much as I like the Sauls product I don't think the club has a responsibility to subsidise the price of pies which is effectively what you're asking it to do!

Church's Stand, Block R, at the back noisily making lots of noise

Rubadubdub; remember Seb Tubb?
23 August, 2015 15:11
3 words: salary cap shenanigans.

Frame them in any way you like.

MESSAGES->author
24 August, 2015 14:32
Smurf, would you be kind enough to ask why supporters unable to attend the MK/Newcastle game aren't being offered a refund this time when we were last time round? The club must be on dodgy legal ground here, they are selling people tickets for Franklin's Gardens and moving a fixture to another county without recourse to a refund. The fact that transport is offered FOC is by the by.

Also why is the first coach back from MK not until 1730?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/08/2015 14:32 by Saint Adam of Weedon.

MESSAGES->author
smurfomatic (IP Logged)
24 August, 2015 15:05
I will certainly ask Adam - hadn't realised the refund wasn't an option this time. Will enquire about coaches too.

Photo Gallery

WesternWanderer
WesternWanderer (IP Logged)
26 August, 2015 21:19
Echoing other posters regarding beer.

I love beer, but not the creamflow rubbish, or fizzy lager. The Champions Ale was a poor attempt at the "Craft Ale" - can one of the country's major brewers really not do any better than this?

GCY
GCY (IP Logged)
29 August, 2015 09:18
I agree with Saint Adam of Weedon re the MK fixture. I now can't make this fixture and went to ticket office yesterday only to be told no refunds.

I make use of DDR payment scheme which starts in March there was no mention of MK game at the time. I can accept the loss of LV games this year, although my personal opinion is the thank you gestures are "poor" I do feel very strongly about the lack of refund for the move of fixture.

I would be grateful for an explanation why there is no refund this time.

Trog
Dave Jackson (IP Logged)
29 August, 2015 21:46
Further to the moving seats saga. I have had a response and club are attempting to resolve which is good. The reply explains why which I understand but I think it is very poor not to have contacted people in advance especially when the plug for renewing season tickets said it guaranteed your own seat for next season. Anyway here is the response.

We were asked to undertake the task of eradicating as many single seats as we could for the forthcoming season, last season we had in excess of 300 seats that could not be sold as they were singles, and no one wants to come to a game alone. We ensured that we only moved someone by one seat and never from an aisle. Due to the enormity of the project is was impossible to contact all those people involved. The system going forward will now not allow any seat to be sold for any game or as a season ticket if it leaves a single seat. We believe we have now generated around £15,000 of additional revenue through this project,

Saintly Pursuit
Saintly Pursuit (IP Logged)
30 August, 2015 21:48
The ticketing website is still far from adequate. I don't think that I have ever managed to complete a transaction smoothly and it is far from easy to use. Granted there have been imporvements (Friends and Family actually seemed to do something) but having managed to use F&F to get the ticket for the MK game why do I then have to go through a palaver to book the coach tickets.

If the club wishes to send out "Please help us by using the on-line ticketing system" emails then the least they could do is to help us to help them by making it work.

It not working one time I could understand but it is three years now and I don't htink that I have ever had an acceptable experience with it.

MESSAGES->author
02 September, 2015 14:38
I emailed the club regarding the absence of refunds following a response on twitter that it was because they "had no choice". Chris Wearmouth provided the following reply:

Quote:
Chris
I’ve cc’d in our commercial director so he’s aware of your comments.

In lieu of a full reply from him, I can inform you that we did make representations to Premiership Rugby, but they were very clear in their insistence that every club play one of their opening two games at home. With the Saints having reached a home Aviva Premiership semi-final last May building work on the Barwell Stand could not commence until then; had we not reached a home semi-final then building work would have commenced earlier and we may have had a handover date in time for the start of the season.

So we are simply not able to swap the home and away games with Newcastle, which has necessitated the switch of the game to stadiummk. You are right in that this is the first time that any of us can remember that we’ve been forced to move a game; it is not our choice to do so on this occasion, and when we have chosen to do so we have offered Season Ticket Holders a refund on their tickets. Furthermore, we were not informed about having to play one of the opening two games at home by Premiership Rugby until the summer, by which time the vast majority of Season Tickets had been ordered.

It is important to appreciate that the development of the Barwell Stand is the single most complicated building work we have done here at Franklin’s Gardens, both in terms of access to the site, which is very restricted, and in that there was a substantial structure which needed demolishing and clearing before the actual steelwork could be put in.

We undertook as many enabling works as we could to enable things to proceed smoothly, and our contractors are working six, sometimes seven, days a week to maintain the tight schedule.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net