rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Attracting tomorrow's fan base
Posted by: robtheh
Date: 11/05/2017 19:20
Quote:
Olly
If you want to attract youngsters you got to make it a place they want to be. It needs to be up front and in their faces. It needs to be marketed on everything from bus stops to social media. The shop needs to sell trendy stuff the teenagers want to wear. Ashton Gate needs to be easier to get to. No good giving a free ticket to a kid if he/she has nobody to take him or go with. Give him two or a family ticket. Kids love heroes well market the team as such.
Now I've said this before So at risk of being shot down again give a discount to deserving people in our community be it veterans nurses etc you got to make people feel part of this club and this club part of the community. You have to make Bristol rugby an important part of people's lives. Have a singles night there's so many Lonely people in this word are we not a friendly club? Swingers well perhaps a step too far.
It's The whole Friendly, no police no dogs or horses just a welcoming,trouble free sport with friendly caring fans that needs to be promoted.
Oh and before we get the why should I pay full price brigade stamping their feet I also pay for my season ticket and I want to see Ashton gate full and Bristol a successful club.
As most tickets are bought online by setting up an account offer everyone a buy so many get one free it encourages them and gives them either a ticket for them or a friend?

Fair play sir!

Wasn't done at the right time, but that cartoon-style billboard advertising we did a few years back...? Something akin?
I also think we need to, from the marketing point of view, try and (at the risk of sounding trite) unify the city behind us: we represent the City of Bristol, as one.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net