rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Attracting tomorrow's fan base
Posted by: Rich.
Date: 12/05/2017 08:03
I wrote to the club in September to let them know that my nephew (who had just started at Bristol Uni and had joined their rugby team) had no awareness of Bristol Rugby being in the Prem ticket costs etc,(no posts, nothing at fresher's etc,) etc and he and some mates were planning on going to watch Bath before I reminded him we had gone up and how far better priced the tickets were etc etc. So he and his mates went to the Leicester game, enjoyed it a lot and have been back.

His Bristol Uni team HAD had Rhys Priestland over from Bath to run a kicking training session however ......

Got no reply from club and unfortunately I suspect a similar lack of marketing this year. Loads of Uni students remain in our area and so crucial we get them hooked asap.

Lots that can be done and lots that is so simple.

All that said, prior to Newcastle match our average was almost 14k and considering how bad we often were (even causing some regular fans to stop going!) Just think how packed the Gate will regularly be when we eventually are in the Prem playing great, winning rugby - hopefully that will be from September 2018. BUT however good the side will be then and however good and successful the rugby is, the Club still need to market and engage and encourage and entice. Under MP we learned (should have!) that simply having a good team with star players does not mean you don't need to try to get people in. I remember being one of around only 5k at the Mem to watch us play in the Heineken Cup with Pich, Felipe etc!!!

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net