rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: End of Season Review Summary
Posted by: T J
Date: 14/05/2017 21:44
Quote:
EC Boy
Things haven't changed up top. An uninformed owner letting his mates take the decisions. I think it will be the same old, same old. Next season, I shall schlok up to AG as ever, but I've no confidence that things will change.

Officially, no, but behind the scenes, yes.

I think SL unfortunately put too much trust in Chris Booy, and was hoping (and had probably been told) that his involvement in the club would be purely financial. Putting myself in SL's shoes, I think SL has been taken for a fool by CB, who was probably (until it was too late) trying to convince SL and himself that it'll all be ok. Let's not forget that SL is not a rugby man, so was probably hoodwinked by Booy into believing they were the perfect match.

I would imagine it was probably around Xmas time that the alarm bells will have been sounding for SL, hence the sacking of AR. Unfortunately by this time it was too little too late, and the players that SL had funded, having been assured by CB / AR that they were of the requisite standard, were in fact for the most part utterly useless, leaving a squad well short of the necessary standard.

SL starts digging and starts to realise that the problem runs deeper than he thought, and indeed the main cause of the problem is CB who has been playing SL for a mug. (Hence the comment last week about sticking his oar in earlier)

Couple with having been taken for a ride by CB, our esteemed chairman continues to act like a bull in a china shop, telling anyone who will listen how fantastic we are, how fantastic he is, how it is all,AR's fault but that the Championship season will be over by Xmas. This is not how SL acts, and is the polar opposite of the man himself; quiet, unassuming, respectful, basically the total opposite of Chris Booy.

While on the surface things may not have changed as far as the hierarchy goes, I can assure you that SL has marked CB's card. Don't be surprised if we hear less from him in the press from now on, and don't be surprised if SL has him on a very tight leash.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net