rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Probably just me. But I can't help it.
Posted by: tbr
Date: 08/10/2018 08:41
Like the title, it's probably just me being a little too precious (or something) but I can't help it.
Yesterday was embarrassing.
Really embarrassing.
And I suspect the majority of the squad and set up were deeply embarrassed by the team's performance yesterday.
And I know a lot of the blokes playing yesterday will be great blokes and know each other in opposing teams etc and have a bit of a craic on and off the field etc.
And I also appreciate (from the boiler room and back row which is where I plied my rugby trade when I played) the front rows almost have their own battles on the park, and their own brotherhood etc.
And that's all good.
Honestly.

But. (Here's the but).
But if I was John Afoa after the game yesterday, I don't think I would have been grinning like the proverbial Cheshire cat whilst walking down the Worcester players' tunnel before forming our own Bris players' tunnel.
Like I say, he may have been jovially teased by a fellow front rower and we may have won all our own scrums yesterday (we should all the time of course with this modern day crooked feed and no hooking gubbins) and that's all great...
But I don't remember ever walking off a rugby park, after my team got hammered, yes... completely outplayed... in a very important game... and grinning.
For whatever reason.
For whatever reason at all.

I'm sure John Afoa is a great bloke.
Great company.
A great craic.
And a great front rower.

But his beaming grin didn't half wind me up after the game yesterday.
Maybe just me.
But like I say... I can't help that.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net