rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Upgraded from whingers to f***wits <sigh>
Posted by: iBozz
Date: 23/12/2012 10:19
Quote:
mako shark
This is not, as some have put it, a case of a young girl making a silly mistake. This is a case of a professional manager having committed what in her profession a deadly sin.

All professionals make mistakes and errors of judgement, mako, but there has been internal action and an apology and I think we should all move on. Being a professional includes learning from those mistakes. She no doubt regrets her error of judgement and will no doubt have learned a lesson which she will remember for the rest of her career. If it's any comfort to her, even I made professional mistakes (I know, unbelievable, heh!) - and learned lessons which I never forgot. The difference is that I wasn't hounded by a baying crowd of blood-sport lovers or the press and the matter was dealt with firmly and internally.

And, for what it's worth, I do not think it warranted an official complaint from the SSSC. I'm probably pretty high up on the Club's (and this DG's) list of f*ckwits but I wasn't particularly offended by it. Irritated at first, yes, but offended? My skin isn't that thin, thank goodness.

It's a free country and we are all entitled to our own opinions - we should just be careful when and where we express them.

My comment above, at 21 December, 2012 11:25, was against the relentless spin, smoke and mirrors coming out of CS/SS (and most other organisations these days, sadly) and not against Holleh's FaecesBook post - she is almost certainly following management direction and not running wild. I know it is unfashionable these days, but old f*rts like me believe that PR should be about facts and information, not spin, misinformation or deception. I've said it before and I'll no doubt say it again - PR should not lie but tell the truth unless to do so would cause harm.

I'd happily buy Holleh a drink at SCS next time I'm there.

May I repeat three apposite sayings:

1) I may not agree with what you say, but I shall defend unto my death your right to say it.

2) No matter what you say, or how you say it, somone somewhere will deliberately go out of their way to be offended.

3) I may not agree with what you say, but I shall defend unto my death your right to be told how wrong you are.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Sale Sharks Poll

Who is the EP legends Openside Flanker?

See results > Submit >>