rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Predict the Attendance v Gloucester, Fri 29 Sep, 2000
Posted by: DaveAitch
Date: 30/09/2017 10:04
My guess at the game was that the (reported) attendance would be above the 5,000 mark. I would like to comment on the travel, but somewhere out there is a correct thread for that. Oh, stuff it, I can't find it.

Leaving home I had three others to pick up on the way. Two are bona fide 'blue badge' holders so we had booked parking in the stadium. We ame down the M53 onto the m56, up the M6 and turned off after the viaduct onto the A57. It is normally a reasonable run through on that road, and much more pleasant than doing the whole journey on the motorways. Traffic on the M6 was (considerably) heavier than elsewhere but still moving at a not unreasonable pace. I have to say I anticipated a slower entry to the stadium parking than was actually the case. Overall the stewards did the job efficiently in a pleasant manner. Getting away was a little more awkward, but mainly just because of the lock-down. Once we started moving we moved fairly quickly. There seemed to be no 'me first' drivers, which is always a bonus. Once we got back on the A57 it was an easy run home. That said, it was just after 11:20 that I actually reached the house.

One moan about the stadium: the West stand entry is all either to the left or the right. It would be good if the stadium had obvious indication on the front wall how to take the shortest route to one's designated turnstiles. There is a map on the back of the ticket but, even under good light, it is too small to be readable without a magnifying glass.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net