rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: It's Time to Move to a New Stadium
Posted by: ian stanworth
Date: 28/10/2017 13:43
Quote:
DaveAitch
Just to add on, there must have been a couple of thousand last night who missed a significant proportion of the game. I wonder at what time the last to arrive did arrive. Perhaps, as well as the attendance, we could have guess the time of the last arrival and/or the slowest average speed taken to get there.

or set off for the game and never made it at all!

I'm still struggling with the fact that we didn't make it from Ashton on Mersey and ended up turning round and going home to watch it on TV. Feel sort of robbed. Tickets are not cheap and you don't expect not to be able to get to a game at all

At 8pm we were still a mile away from our parking spot at Eccles RLFC and the traffic on the A57 on the Eccles side just didn't move at all. We couldn't even get on to the A57 as all the roads leading onto it were backed up and also not moving at all. The queue actually extended off the A57 and along Barton Rd towards the swing bridge when we gave up

I've always been very positive about the stadium and I'm a glass half empty sort of person. In the 5 years at the AJB the first issues we had were the last game v Toulouse when the journey took us c40 mins instead of 20-25. This time I think we would have missed most of the 2nd half as well if we had carried on

My thinking is that its the A57 going to a single lane and being diverted down Stadium Way that has caused the major change for the last 2 games. Without that this sort of crowd used to be just about manageable with a some delays for some people but nothing like the carnage of last night

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net