rugbyunion
Latest News:
Sunday 23 September, KO 15:00 Yorkshire Carnegie v Nottingham, Emerald Headingley
Send interesting rugby oriented stories to Independent_tykes@hotmail.com
Please make sure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere and post a link to the original material if found online. Opinions expressed on these message boards and in articles are those of the original authors and do not represent the view of the editors unless explicitly stated.
This site has NO affiliation to
Leeds RUFC Ltd, Leeds Rugby or the Leeds Carnegie Supporters' Association and is run independently of those and all other organisations. Readers and posters are referred to the websites of those organisations for their official views.
Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Ambition and reality, two different things...
Posted by: Tiz
Date: 19/03/2012 07:42
Quote:
Freddy
maybe but it really isnt a side that inspires confidence generally i.e. a side that you expect will have a chance of winning every game. Its more a case of if everyone plays well...maybe...if the ref gives us a bit maybe.
I agree we did have a decent season but then I didnt have much by way of expectation. It would be lovely if we get through the playoffs but I dont expect the team to do it. I never have..I just dont think you can be indifferent for most of the season with the aim of building momentum towards the last few games. In my humble opinion winning builds confidence in a side...

I just go now to enjoy the games as best as I can. Most games have been pretty dire over the 80 minutes with the odd bit of brilliance here and there....but you know what...I dont really care because I like my rugby and I enjoy taking the trip to see Leeds play.

I would like the prices to be a little bit lower but everything in life costs an arm and a leg these days so why should second division rugby in Leeds be any different.

If by some miracle Leeds do get through the playoffs what is the prognosis for the side going forward. Clearly this team isnt good enough for the prem as it is...will there be any money to spend. The evidence suggests not unless some moneybags steps forward. If this is the case I personally dont want to see them struggle every game towards another relegation.

Being competitive in the champ seems a better bet unless the club do have genuine ambition and demonstrate positively that they are going to do something about it.

I agree with pretty much everything you have said Freddy, but the thing that hurts us is that we can't stay in the Championship with confidence. What I mean by that is that any good players we have "nurtured" over the season tend to get poached or leave, and we are back into that vicious cirle of trying to build a team for "next season". I like you enjoy the game and go anyway. The main thing is like Haxby eluded to and I said earlier, we need to survive, in one shape or another.

Cheers

Tiz

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net