rugbyunion
Latest News:

Next Game: Premiership Rugby 7's July 27th & 28th at Franklin's Gardens
Game After: Friendly Away v Cardiff Blues Sat. August 11th ko 2.30pm

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: The Mad, or are they, Ramblings of Chris C
Posted by: Stopsy
Date: 07/01/2017 20:16
Firstly, how great to have not just an article for the site, but one by Chris. Many thanks my friend.

I don't agree with much of it but can see how it could be 100% true.

To my feeble mind, the game has moved both on and off the pitch. We need something different without losing that which defines our club. Our club has been successful because of its key values, we won stuff because of them rather than generated the values through having won.

We have a long and proud history but the dominance that most of us have grown up with, started with th Chalkie White era wher the team was coached to win off 30% possession as we ha a relatively weak forward game. That success enabled us to attract and develop better forwards and it snowballed.

Most now regard the successes of the post Dwyer era as being entirely down to 10 man rugby, utter tosh, albeit the pack was the enabler.

Today we see the forward game emasculated by law changes and a blank refusal of referees to enforce the laws as they stand. Success now has to be gained by skills outside the set piece from 1 to 23. A dominant scrum is no longer the game winner it once was.

Change was and is necessary, whether Aaron will be successful will be seen. I hope so.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net