rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: New Signings
Posted by: Barnetsarrie12
Date: 11/07/2017 14:07
Quote:
cb2
It should all be more transparent. Have all teams allowed a certain size of first team squad (45 or more if needed) and then have 4 bands of salary. A,B,C,D with A being the highest paid. Have 5 players on A, 20 on B, 10 on C, and 10 on D. Also have something in place for injuries. Then put it all out in the open.

I agree about publishing salaries and i don't see why they don't but i don't agree with putting players in Bands at all, it will punish teams like saracens where we have the most academy players in our senior squad of any team in the prem.
I don't want to have to choose between Itoje and Billy or Faz for one band, what we should be encouraging and i think we are with academy credits is for teams to keep producing their own players which is what we are doing at sarries and then, finding ways to those teams to keep their players. I think the academy credit should be increased to encourage teams to invest in their academy and then bringing players to supplement the team not the other way around, I am proud our best players are all English and mostly all came through the sarries academy, the only notable two being the vunipola boys who all joined as very young players.

Have a look at this article, it shows all the teams in the prem and where they are in relation to producing academy players into the senior squad, very interesting read

[alexshawsports.wordpress.com]

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net