rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: England v Argentina
Posted by: shipwrecked
Date: 13/11/2017 19:53
Quote:
Barnetsarrie12
Shipwrecked, I was only talking about the backs, For the forwards, I thought everyone apart from Cole who offers nothing around the field and Kruis who needs to up his work in attack did pretty well.
As for Underhill, he was very good defensively in only his second start and will get better but for him to hold that 7 jersey or start to become one of the best sevens in the NH, he need to do more in attack, I have watched that game twice and he was anonymous in attack and he carried twice for zero yards, that is not good enough in attack. The good thing is he is still very young and only his second cap. The defensive part of his game is already solid, tackling especially, he reminded me of Dan Lydiate in the way he played on saturday, destructive tackler but not much else, you can't have that and Robshaw in the same backrow as again it puts a lot of pressure on Hughes or Billy to do everything ball carrying wise.

He now needs to seriously work on his breakdown work and especially his attack to get to the next level and to be a top class test number 7 as the guys he will be competing with in the six nations especially Warburton/Tipuric and O'brien are miles ahead in attack and are as good defensively

Yes, I think that is right, but he has been told by Eddie Jones to concentrate exclusively on his tackling. As a club he has no shortage of excellent coaches at the breakdown and ball carrying in Todd Blackadder, Francois Louw and Talaupe Faletau. Less is more is EJ's philosophy, so He will get the defence sorted then move on to the other aspects of BR play.

You won't see him move on to attack for a while, he is there to protect Ford's channel currently.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net