rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: France vs England
Posted by: Which Tyler
Date: 13/03/2018 10:17
Quote:
Optimist
I'm more of the 'get the best players on the park' school of selection, than 'only pick them in their club position'.
Daly's adapted pretty well to the wing for England and the Lions, and England never look worse with him out there.

In a back 3 with Daly, Watson and Nowell, I wouldn't be that bothered which numbers they had on their backs. But it's all a bit irrelevant if we keep butchering possession, and if the players are flogged within an inch of their lives and keep getting injured. Watson is surely next up for some sort of fatigue-induced injury.
Now that, I can agree with.
Quite honestly, I'm happy perming 3 starters and a 23 from May, Watson, Daly and Nowell; and don't really mind who gets the 23 shirt - I don't mind the idea of Daly at 15, just bear in mind that he hasn't played there since (IIRC) the 2012-23 season.

For now though, it's fiddling with the deckchairs whilst the titanic sinks.
We need to sort out 2,3,6,7,9 and 12 as much higher priorities; and which all need to be sorted before we start worrying too much about the make-up of our back 3.

2 Hartley just isn't the player he used to be, but still works hard; he's just not as good as George, LCD or Taylor.
3 Cole is an absolute passenger, and the sooner he's overtaken by Sinkler, Williams, Thomas and Hill the better. They're already better rugby players than he is; it's just that he has a tonne of caps, whilst they don't. Of course, he may find some form if he's actually given a rest for a change.

6 Robshaw is a 6, and nothing else; Lawes and Itoje are locks, and nothing else. Haskell and Underhill are better suited to 6 than to 7 as well, and should ideally be considered there.
7 The best 7s in the country would be Curry, Curry and Simmonds, with Ellis and Evans worth a look once fit and in form.

9 I hate to type this, but Youngs is our best option; he's just not very good - even though he's discovered a little consistency under Eddie; he still wouldn't make the starting XV for any other top 10 nation. We're just not blessed with alternatives - though there's still no excuse for having Wgglesworth on the bench.
12 Farrell is coming along, and in fairness, is learning pretty well - of course, he'd learn much quicker if he played there for Sarries, but that's not about to happen. I certainly don't wince to see him there. Te'o should also be considered for the 12 shirt, as should Devoto once he's back to full fitness (and form). If those 2 things happen, and/or Manu finds some form and learns some vision, then Farrell can also fight Ford for the 10 shirt.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net