Latest News:

NEXT MATCHES

Staines RFC v 1st XV, Sat 16th Dec, 2pm

Whitton Lions RFC v Occies, Sat 16th Dec, 2pm

Sutton & Epsom v U18s, Sun 17 Dec, 11am

U16s v Hitchin, Sun 17th Dec, 11am

Teddington v U15s, Sun 17 Dec, 11am

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: An alternative approach?
Posted by: johntywyn
Date: 24/05/2012 22:17
Playing in the 'Celtic League ' is a brilliant alternative.
However, I am sure that the R F U and Premier League are very worried as to what actions may be taken by Bleddyn Phillips, being as he is a solicitor. I just wonder if an injunction could be taken out which prevents any games being played next season until this matter is resolved. L.W. fully deserve promotion, and it is quite clear to me that the timing of the anouncement that they could not, was broadcast with the intent of totally demoralising the players. This plan failed miserably, and I hope that emphasis of this is extended to next Wednesday.

I have said before Regional Rugby in Wales is at a vey low ebb, and it needs the influx of new angles; and L.W. could and should provide an interesting alternative to Aironi. With teams based in Wales, Ireland, Scotland and Italy it should not present too great a problem regards travel. But if L.W. were to find a base in Wales, I am sure that grounds such as Bridgend, Pontypridd or Pontypool would provide considerable support, particularly if L.W. were to supplement their team with local players. To be honest I am disillusioned with the set up of our existing regional sides, and were L.W. to emerge in this league, I would certainly take out a membership. Good luck guys.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net