rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Friday 15th December v Dragons at Rodney Parade, 7.30pm

Saturday 23rd December v Harlequins at Kingston Park, 3.00pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 52-24 Bordeaux-Begles

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Squad 2017/2018
Posted by: ColinCharvis8
Date: 21/01/2017 10:18
Tad harsh there Running, I think one of the reasons we've done so well this year is due to the standard of our back up players. I'd be looking to retain:-
- Welsh who has been a quality signing and who doesn't want to see a man at 19 clem running through holes in the defensive line and having a 40 yard dash!
- Harris being so unlucky with injury, but in the brief appearances so far notably of the bench against Bath was willing to carry and made a big impact on us getting that match winning try. I just feel bigger things are coming for this lad!
- Rogers play both side of the scrum and has done well in the euro campaign, if he was let go we'd need to replace him with a loosehead and there isn't many about
- Ryan looks like he's been hammering the cardio of late and looking a lot leaner, done great for lad because he looks a half decent scrummager. Again if jettisoned would need replacing
- Hogg has to stay, FULL STOP.
- Chisanga looks promising, not fussed though
- Young, another preseason working his boxing kicking and I'm happy. Some of his performances from the bench have been great this year and has Welsh's navy for a line break. I think it be a real shame if Young left
- TC for me has to stay, id like to see him reconcentrate on the back three again. He's a modern day Tom May, TC's versatility and skill are worth keeping
- C.Harris again unlucky with injury, but he's a quality 13 when fit. Just ask Pisi after his performance against him at the Gardens last year!
- Tait same as Hogg, sign him up for as long as possible!
- Penny from what I've seen a canny player
- Waldouck/Powell one of these boys if not both, both experienced and solid in defence which they're always vocal in organising
- Watson in the same category as Tait and Hogg but unfortunately think he's gone

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net