rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Friday 15th December v Dragons at Rodney Parade, 7.30pm

Saturday 23rd December v Harlequins at Kingston Park, 3.00pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 52-24 Bordeaux-Begles

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Vunipola can't hack it at the top
Posted by: Essex-Sarrie
Date: 20/09/2017 15:53
Quote:
falconsfan07
Quote:
Essex-Sarrie
Quote:
falconsfan07
The game knacks you in either way anyway so that's cod wallop
so it doesn't really matter, with the amount of sports recovery/offered after a game these players are more than capable of recovering after 6 days of no games.

Should be greatful that he can play the game and receive the amount of money he does, if certainly do it for that money.

Problem is, you couldn't.

If you read what he has said its quite c
lear its not about the money. Its about career longevity and not damaging his body to the extent that he's permanently impaired for the rest of his life.

6 days really isn't a long time for recovery in a high impact contact sport.

Oooo hi mate, I know I couldn't I didn't say I could play at that level, I said If I could, so I don't need to be told from a moody sarries fan.

I didn't say it was about the money mate, I said he should be greatful that he can play in a job he loves and get paid what he does and has no right to strike frankly because he is very lucky, if he wants to look after his body he's in the wrong job or needs to stop playing for England. unlike people in in other jobs who get treat very wrongly.

I know that it's about the body, that's what I said! And the game knacks you up either way...like I said before?

Yes 6 days is more than enough to recover from a game. Do you know why? Because on Saturdays the players play and then they do it again the week after that for the whole season. Did you know that they do that for a whole season!? It's mad isn't it

I played three games a week at one point, that's with no kryo recovery or therapist. And yes I know that it's at ametur level but still it can be done.

With all the recovery drinks, dieting and therapy that goes in these days, these guys are more than capable of performing at this level for 8 months round.

Funny....I never hear David Pocock complain about this stuff? Probably because he is a phenomenal athlete and strikes about far more important matters in the real world!

I should know all this. It's sort of my job..... I'm a PT winking smiley

I don't think a boy from a small fishing in Tonga needs to be told to be grateful to be honest...

Its not enough time at all, at elite level playing internationally and against the best teams in Europe puts a huge amount of pressure on the body. He missed the Lions tour due to the amount of rugby he'd played. You could say clubs have to manage it better, absolutely agree with that but you say to a player do you want to sit this one out? The answer will be no 99 times out of 100.

respect your point but 3 games a week might be aerobically demanding but you aren't playing against athletes of their nature so it won't leave the same impact.

Only got to look at Corbisiero to see these guys don't it forever no matter how much they're being paid.

No disrespect but being a PT doesn't make you understand all the fine details of the physical and psychological demands of elite level contact sports and recovery times.

I played at Kingston Park a few months ago against North East RL, I was still feeling the affects 10 days later...

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net