rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Saturday 21st October v Bordeaux-Begles at Stade Chaban-Delmas, 5.30pm (UK time)

Sunday 29th October v Leicester Tigers at Kingston Park, 3.00pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 32-27 Dragons

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Falcons 29 Irish17
Posted by: alnwickfalcon
Date: 01/10/2017 00:10
I thoroughly enjoyed the game last night. I thought Irish were better than the score suggested. We seemed to start off quite nervously, Iím not sure if it was the sense of antisipation or knowing whatís at stake or possibly Irish playing phases going forward?

Once the first try went in from JPS, I thought it was inevitable that we would get the try bonus. The way Willis put his body on the line, to get so flat to the gain line was impressive. The tails went up and an air of superiority was spread, tackles were made, offloads sticking lovely attacking lines being made. This was exemplified in the second try a south sea Island highlights reel, superb steps and passing from Goneva, to Latu great offload no look pass to Takulua and Goneva follows in for the score a thing of beauty.

2 more bully boy trys followed with the forwards taking control from set piece, lineout (Socino darts weíre accurate ) and Niki sneaking in the middle of a maul to show the forwards How itís done .

We dropped off for 20 minuets in the second half and Irish got a foothold a lovely worked try for there first. The thing that impressed me most was the constant chat amongst our players and not letting the occasion get the better of them. Itís evident to see that the finishers are good enough and the squad depth is there. Youíre no longer looking at the bench thinking who can inspire a performance theyíre all good solid Premiership options and could rotate into the first 15.

Goneva was my Man if the Match, his tap tackle was simply brilliant and straight in front of me, his pure instinct stoped a certain try. The run chase down was comedy gold too but again prevented a try. Irish are a better side than Worcester on that evidence.

I was impressed again with Willis at 10 heís clearly not the finished article but itís admirable to be left to try and be creative at the top level of the game. His chip through for DTH was classy.

I will admit not being big fans of Chris Harris and Will Welsh but both were outstanding again last night Harrisís defence was brilliant and heís so strong both carrying and unbelievable the tackle. Mermoz is going to have a job even getting on the bench at this rate, our centre pair are playing out of their skin and Mativasi is a beast from the bench.

Itís the unseen things from Welsh that Iíve not noticed before, calming players down when it boils over to prevent stupid penalties, continual talking, his discipline at the breakdown and his overall work rate is up there with any Premiership back rower.

Iím seriously impressed at our tempo, discipline and culture. We seem to be forming a winning mentality. Yes itís still early days but I could only have dreamed of having 19 points and sitting in second at this stage. Well done to all at the club, long may this form continue. Itís on to a huge acid test at Exeter.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net