rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next two matches

Saturday 21 September 2019 v Jersey Reds at Stade Santander International, 3.00pm (Cup)

Sunday 29 September 2019 v Doncaster Knights at Kingston Park, 3.00pm (Cup)

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 12-19 Bristol Bears

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Falcons V Tigers
Posted by: NorfolkFalcon
Date: 29/10/2017 16:46
Shame that the sell out crowd were treated to our worst performance of the season. Combination of Newcastle playing poorly and Leicester being a class above. It's really frustrating as we were well in the game until we started to give too many penalties away which killed us.

George Ford ran the show and got a 100% success rate with the boot, which considering his usual inconsistent kicking says a lot and in Veainu I would argue they have the best back in the league.

Negatives. We were diabolical in the scrum highlighted by the scrum we had on their 5 metre line after we were held up. I don't want to be too negative as they have had to play lots of rugby due to other injuries but this game highlights why we cannot rely on just Vickers and Welsh. We were absolutely mullered in each scrum including on our own feed. I was baffled that Deano didn't bring Davison and Mavinga on until the 75th minute, why wait that late when it was clear that they were winning each scrum? I know we were playing against quality opposition in the prop department but it really wasn't good enough. Even with the Wilson tightheads and Lockwood returning I struggle to see how we can improve this area without quality reinforcements next season. Props have to be a priority. Goneva had a shocker despite scoring the penalty and looked disinterested at times but will give him the benefit of the doubt as he is a quality player. Handling was extremely poor with lots of knocked on ball.

Positives. We stopped Leicester gaining a bonus point. Flood looked good alongside Takelua. Struggling to think of many other.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net