rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Team for Sunday
Posted by: Andy1210
Date: 06/10/2017 09:32
There's an additional complication to this though in that we have a five day turnaround before our game at Ulster.

I think we have to look at the bigger picture.If we lose to Sarries we will have lost 4 of our first 6 games - that's the total amount we lost in 22 games last season. We have trips to regular graveyards for us such as Sale, Quins, Newcastle, Gloucester, let alone Northampton, Bath and Leicester, and home games against sides who beat us 99% of the time - Exeter, Sarries.

Based on this, Cips and Taylor being out until next year, International call ups and other teams' form, I think it's 100% certain we are out of the title race and are looking at a top six finish - and only if we find some form. I reckon we'll lose around 11 games this season and haven't been picking up the normal bonus points either.

We're no Exeter who have a well drilled system, we rely on playmakers like Cips, Daly etc.so I don't expect a 17 game unbeaten run. In reality we'd be doing well to win 10 of our remaining 16 league games so max points will be 50ish if we go well.

Our only chance of serious silverware is the ECC, so forget the league until after the Anglo Welsh, focus on Europe and try and resucitate our 150th season in Europe.

Forget Sarries, put out a weakened side and focus on Europe - the damage has already been done in the AP. Then for the rest of the AP season, don't make the mistake of the Quins game and rest vital players like Gopps, who's kicking would have won us that game. We have to be strongest at home, try and get 5 pointers and aim for 5th or 6th.

A sad, frustrating and sorry state of affairs..

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net