rugbyunion
Latest News:
Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Brentford stadium plan changes
Posted by: Finno
Date: 29/08/2017 08:28
My views on this:

1. When any discussion on where we play comes up, the elephant in the room chooses to be ignored by a large amount of contributors, and that is that is the MadStad is unsustainable! FACT! According to the club and BBC as relayed many times.

2. So, armed with the above, what is the club supposed to do? Sit tight until 2025 until they can negotiate a new deal, and continue to lose shed loads of money? Or try to put a new solution in place.

3. Ideally, that would be to build our own home, but that's fantasy to the moment as the current owners pockets aren't deep enough and there's no generous billionaire on the horizon.

4. So the only option is to rent again, but somewhere where we'll get a better sustainable deal. This why Brentford is the perfect opportunity. They are moving to a new stadium, and are already under pressure cost wise as the recent changes have demonstrated, they probably need us as much as we need them. It's the perfect opportunity to do a good long term deal. Already the pitch size and planning have been influenced to cater for rugby. It's a perfect opportunity to exploit, and it also happens to be in West London, where the club's roots have been for the last 100 or so years.

5, So, with Brentford being the only game in town, lets get behind the club and support it! It's not perfect, but nowhere will be, but it has the potential to tick as many boxes as possible, in pursuit of the ideal. I, like many, live miles away from the MadStad (Sussex in my case) and there will be some winners and losers in the Brentford move(and I don't see myself as a winner).

6. Finally, to all the naysayers, instead of moaning about the proposed move and trying to find fault, propose a credible long term alternative. The club is not intentionally trying to p155 off any set or group of supporters. It is trying to create a sustainable future that keeps The club in existence. I trust Crossan and Co who are experienced successful business men. They know what they are doing, and if they think Brentford is the sustainable future then I believe them, rather than some of the 'expert' contributors on this site, who believe it's the death knell for the club.

p.s. I wouldn't be surprised if we had a stint in Griffin Park before the move to the new stadium.

p.p.s. I also, think that Hazelwood is the long long term game. There is enough room there for a stadium, parking and a training ground. With planning, there is always a way to get what you want, if you are prepared to play the long game and chip away over a number of years!

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net