rugbyunion
Latest News:
Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Brentford stadium plan changes
Posted by: Finno
Date: 29/08/2017 10:15
Quote:
Griff
1. If the MadStad is "unsustainable" how come we had a season of virtual break-even?
2. So given that, what the club is supposed to do is more of that while working on their relationship with RFC to make it a mutually beneficial deal. If they don't simply want out of Reading.

3. If it's a given that owning your own stadium - especially with conferencing etc. - makes money then it's practically a no-brainer to borrow massively and build one. Why don't we? Because it's not a given. So having tenancy in a large, well-appointed modern stadium is probably the best thing - but that's "unsustainable"... Without someone who's simply willing to pour money in we have to find a way to make being a tenant sustainable.

4. I'm not following, why is renting at a different stadium going to be different? We did a really good long-term deal last time round - but that's (suddenly) unsustainable.

5. Brentford isn't the only game in town - unless that town is West London. I'm not taking this personally - I moved away from Reading, I don't see why Irish can't but it has to make sense.

6. The club put BBC in-front of us to explain why this was such a good deal. His take was that the non-matchday revenues were the reason this was a good deal. He also said Irish would have ownership of some of the stadium. Both of these statements are now, for whatever reasons, demonstrably false. Why is this a good deal again? I support this club and I want the best for it, at the beginning the move looked a good deal, now?

Let's be honest. The main reason the club is still around is Mick Crossan - he's paying big to keep the club afloat. When he and his team took over they pretty-much announced that they were moving the club back to London. Since then we've learned how the MadStad deal is unsustainable - coincidence? As I say, the man is footing a huge bill and he wants the club in London so it's going to London but let's not kid ourselves this is anything to do with good business.

So, with that said, I'm very-much behind the Brentford move - except that I think it's massive hubris that might destroy the club I love. Questions?

Oh dear Griff, so Mick Crossan is some kind of a naive dewy eyed sentimentalist (that's probably why he's become such a successful businessman!), that wants to get LI back to London whether it makes business sense or not (probably just wants to save on his petrol bill!)

In order to achieve this, and make it credible, LI have 'invented' this view that the MadStad is unsustainable !

Do you really believe that !??, if so I despair !

What is your credible sustainable alternative ?? Stay put ??!!!

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net