rugbyunion
Latest News:
Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Brentford - The proposed stadium changes
Posted by: paddym
Date: 05/10/2017 13:14
Quote:
Finno
Quote:
HeavyCream
Moving from one football town to another for one football ground from another. We need to buy up a well worn rugby field somewhere in the Thames valley and start putting up some seating around it. It is the ONLY way we will ever feel like a proper club. We need to get hold of these guys, and do what they're doing....... [www.shropshirestar.com]
Just need some money

I agree! I've always thought the perfect long term solution is Hazelwood. If you put planning to one side for a moment it's perfect!

We own the land.
It's already home.
There's enough space for a stadium and parking, and keep the 'world class training facilities'
If parking is a problem, Kempton Park is just up the road for Park and Ride.
We might need to punch a new access road hole through to the site.
It's then just a case of slowly building forward with temporary stands, like Exeter,Bath, Worcester, Quins etc use. We even have the advantage of not having to build changing rooms etc to begin with.

So, all we need is Planing Permission! With planning, it's amazing what's possible if you have stomach to dig in and plug away! I have intimate experience of what's possible here in Horsham with the local football club. When the threatened loss of a key community facility was a possibility if the football club didn't get a new home, it was amazing how councilors attitudes changed despite locals objection. Eventually, the football club won. In LI's case you argue that the current community use of Hazelwood would be lost, as LI can only become sustainable and stay in business, and keep the community facility is if the professional arm moves in. It might take a few years of chipping away, but I'm sure we'd get there in the end!

Easy 'innit!!

Apart from the fact that Kempton Park
already has an application in for
building of 3000 houses on it! Also trying
to get Spelthorne Council to change all
tha planning laws that exist on th
Hazelwood including a maximum of 20
matches a season on the main pitch.
If a pro game was scheduled for a Sunday
what would happen to the 400 or so
mini/ youth players that current
use Hazelwood for most of the day?

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net