rugbyunion
Latest News:
Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Brendan venter
Posted by: Bazzo
Date: 01/01/2018 20:41
Quote:
grumpy1960
Quote:
Bazzo
Quote:
Steelman
Well that's good.If he can get his philosophy over in 10 minutes,then that should improve on Dodges 30 hours a week of running players round cones! Skills coach, pah!

That post is out of order. Dodge I would venture knows more about rugby skills than yourself yet you are qualified to come on here and spout that kind of crap.

Mind you if you are spying on sessions and see that they are running around cones for 30 hours a week thatís very useful insight. Thanks for that great contribution.

Bazzo get a grip mate! This is a supporters message board where supporters who have paid either for London Irish Membership or individual games can air their opinions, Steelman is well within his right to air what he feels , You donít have to agree with them( you clearly donít) but thatís what makes this board our only vehicle our collected frustrations & possible celebrations of our next win . We have been very close on a few of the last home games this season but apart from Paris nowhere near the Standard on our away matches. This is down to various reasons but where does the Buck stop? Players ( who can actually influence the outcome) or Coaches (Who are clearly out of their depth at this level)

Get a grip yourself Grumpy.... mate. like you say it is a place where supporters (members or not I have no idea) can air their opinions, Iím just expressing mine, which is what you purport to be in favour of?

The big difference between the language used is what kills me. Give an opinion by all means but making statements about a coach having all his players running round cones for 30 hours a week (and skills coach, Phah) is not something that I deem acceptable. Mostly because it is not true. I actually stop myself from replying to loads of posts on here. There is an undertone of vile and language that I deem unacceptable. There is a vendetta to try and get rid of the coaches that disappoints me greatly. Players are the problem for me. The coaches stuck by us last year when we needed them, why cant we stand by them now? People commenting that we are worse than London Welsh who went down a few years ago, which is complete rubbish (they got one point in the whole season and were regularly beaten by 50 points and more).

Whether people want to accept it or not, we actually are competitive as a team. We are absolutely favourites to go down and that is down to one thing.... we are not good enough ! But, we are competitive! We did beat Quins, we could have beaten Tigers, Falcons (twice), Bath, Wasps and Worcester for all our rubbish play did not get a bonus point against us. Are we the worst team in the league? Yes.... but we are the promoted team, we were favourites to go down before a ball was kicked? What did people expect? Resorting to hiding behind keyboards and dishing it out to coaches like Dodge is wrong to me, I have never talked to the man, but I assume he is hurting more than people on here. I am sure he is working on ways to get results in this league.

What disappoints me most is people acting like Wendy ball supporters and calling for heads to roll, genuinely I thought rugby supporters were different and could take defeat better and with a bit of dignity. Personally I think that the championship is our level, we do not have the ground of our own and most importantly the money to compete at a high level in this league. (I only assume the changes that everyone wants is coming out of the owners pockets and not the supporters pockets) Canít wait to get back there myself. In the
meantime you keep throwing your opinions out that you believe buying a ticket entitles you to and I will keep giving mine. Keep it classy though.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net