rugbyunion
Latest News:
Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Madejski Stadium Expansion
Posted by: balpw2
Date: 20/02/2008 09:42
Yep. Most definitely.

If the Royals crash a number of things could happen:

1. they don't expand the stadium so we avoid our team having to play in front of even more rows of empty blue seats and our meagre chants of encouragement getting lost in the echoes of an empty stadium

2. our attendances outstrip those of the Royals and so the numpties that staff the stadium start treating us Rugby fans with respect rather than something you'd find on the bottom of your shoe. By respect I mean similar to that found at rugby only grounds (FG, Stoop, WR, CG, KP....)

3. Reading public tire of watching a kak football team and decide to support a winning rugby team - our attendances go up.

4. Reading FC and the Madejski Stadium get strapped for cash, go into Administration and LI pick up the stadium for a song and we become the landlords, change the seats from blue to green swap RFC badges around the stadium with LI ones and vice-versa. (long shot dream I know)

So yes..I really mean it. (and if Charlton can go up in their place all the better)

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net