rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from GoogleQuins Official SiteDiamond Geezers Website

Coach Travel Details | Join Quinssa!
Next Coach: Next season
Tickets: Quins

www CAW

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: England 22
Posted by: raedarius
Date: 22/02/2012 14:57
Quote:
Neil-H
Ianco, and would Mike Brown have made the 2, 1 on 1 tackles against Rennie and Denton, that if not made would have been a certain try? (and yes all one had to do was look outside, but Foden did as much as he could)
Brown may well have made them, we will never know?.. Foden did make them... you cant say anything against Foden in the Scottish game, he did all he could given what he had.

Against Italy yes 2 mistakes cost us tries... do you drop someone who has been one of the most consistant players in the england team cause of one bad game or 2 mistakes?, id suggest not?

I rate Brown highly and along with Foden are the best Full Backs in the AP and I think fans from all clubs would agree and stopped the Armitage/Goode band wagons,

To say Foden has been slotted into FB to get him in the team is a bit much, he has played Full back consistantly for the last 3 years

with Foden and Brown, I think england are well covered and hopefully it will be a battle for the shirt like Dawson/Braken use to have

I think that where we, and many others, have been caught out is that we thought that this Six Nations would be a test of possibles for the new team, whereas it turns out that Lancaster pretty much has chosen his team, and had done so before the Six Nations (see photos of Wood representing England as an example of this).

What stings for us us that, beyond training, there is little sense that Lancaster is making good use of our players. It's nice that he took Marler on holiday to Italy and Scotland, but not productive. JTH and Brown's time on the bench has not been productive or taught us much about their potential. Calling up Dickson (K) and Brooker has not been productive.

'Dropping' Foden would give Brown a test for a game to find out who works better, something it looks increasingly like he won't get beyond the training environment. I can't see a Dawson/Bracken rivalry developing if there's only room for Foden at the moment.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
CAPTCHA
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net