rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Player Survey Results - Wasps
Posted by: RodneyRegis
Date: 21/09/2017 14:17
I've looked at the data across the 3 games so far.

[www.docdroid.net]

The first table shows average marks over the 3 games for each player.

In the second table I've tried to score them on how "we" perceive them - a player who plays in the wins is going to get a better average than a player who plays in the losses, so across the season I'm trying to look at where we've marked them against their teammates. So I give 1 for the "worst" ranked player, 2 for the next and so on, with an extra 2 (17) for the highest ranked player as I think that should count for something.

Walker has had the best average marks, Yarde gets a boost on the ranking due to his 2 MOTM awards. Robshaw is best forward, and we clearly think a lot of Smith. Roberts is not popular.

Collier gets a good rank depsite his low average, as he was one of the better players against Irish, his only start. Obviously anomolies like this will even themselves out with more data - when we've played a few matches I'll add a minimum starts criteria.

I'm surprised that Luamanu was ranked so low against Wasps, 11th best - I thought he was superb going forward. Did miss a lot of tackles and drop the ball a couple of times, but I thought he was one of the reasons we were able to put Wasps on the back foot with so much gainline success.

When we have more info I can look at these over home matches, games we win or lose, forwards or backs, AP and other competitions etc, but for now there's not enough data.

In the meantime I'll speak to DOK about how to upload pictures and make it a bit more aesthetically pleasing!

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net