rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Another false dawn
Posted by: Dark Pies
Date: 25/09/2017 10:39
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Dark Pies

- Care, Brown and Robshaw all showing signs of being past their peak form. Still all class, but have not got the x-factor or hunger they all had 5yrs ago.

Really? I agree with some of your other points, but Robshaw... for me, he doesn't seem to EVER lose form or fitness. I think it was the LI game where he dropped the ball at a ruck and it seemed a huge error simply because he doesn't seem to make any normally. Care seems fizzing again (maybe due to not being captain); Brown is fired up again and showing positives - not the force of nature that he used to be, but still as hungry as ever.

Fair comment. Yeah i was thinking more in terms of speed. Care and Brown have lost a bit of pace and zippiness even if their effort level seems to have picked up this season. With Robshaw the speed isn't such a thing of course, but he's so indestructible that when he goes off injured it feels like a bit of a watershed moment where he's suddenly aged a little bit.

In any case i love all 3 of them but there's no denying that age is going to catch up with all of them eventually and our 'golden generation' is running out of time...

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net