rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Sinckler
Posted by: tbonethequin
Date: 02/10/2017 11:11
I've watched the various videos and seen the stills. I am trying to be objective and unbiased but I honestly can't see from these vids and stills whether he did anything which would actually constitute the old definition/understanding of gouging. I really hope he didn't, as it's indefensible.

He certainly has a case to answer for contact with / near the eye area. It was completely unnecessary and stupid to pull his headgear off, and can't see any reason for moving his hand back after he's already got the scrumcap.

I can't see how he can escape punishment for contact near the eye area, but from those videos and pics I really can't see anything which clearly shows anything worse than that. So while I'm sure he'll get some sort of ban, I'm not sure he deserves a long one.

I guess we'll find out tomorrow. Either way, it was stupid to pull the cap off in the first place given the fuss around Joe doing it before, and doing that always means you'll run the risk of having your hand somewhere where it could look very bad for you.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net