rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: JK Out
Posted by: Gregp2110
Date: 03/10/2017 17:19
Quote:
T-Bone
Quote:
HonkyTonk
At the moment I would guess that sponsorship and TV money would account for most of the revenue for the womens game rather than bodies through the gate (although that would need to improve). In terms of the leagues (cricket, football and rugby) rugby is very much a new competition (the first season is only 3 games old!!). I am not even sure that quins charge to attend games at SSP. Not being involved at Quins (So I am guessing here) that the club are looking to get in on the action from the outset, in the hope/expectation that the womens game will only get stronger/bigger.

Sponsorship and TV money account for most the revenue for the men's game too to be fair.

The RFU gave a big chunk of money to help set up the new league, so not sure what the financial burden is on the clubs. I'm pretty sure that the players are still amateur, just benefitting from a more professional set up. Am I right in thinking that? (other than the contracted England players). So other than Quins plugging it via social media, not sure if there's that much cost to Quins at the moment, so I guess it's win/win for the club until they have to start paying the players. Could be completely wrong, but that was my understanding from various different things I've read.

In terms of the numbers watching the stream, is there any way of telling how many watched the whole game? I watched for a bit but then stopped (as I had something else to do, not due to the quality). Not making any point, just wondered if there's a way of telling?

if true that there is no little or no financial burden on the club, then I tend to agree that it is win / win for the club. I think my irk is that I feel that women's sport (not just rugby) is slowly being forced more and more upon us in many cases.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net