rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: JUST GO MR KINGSTON!!
Posted by: talkshowhost86
Date: 23/10/2017 14:31
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
Quote:
Cookie
Why are we condensing this argument into one game? This has been going on for years now.

It's not even a year and a half, and last year was an improvement.

Do you genuinely think last year was an improvement, or is that based purely on the fact that we scraped into 6th by the skin of our teeth?

I accept that in terms of a league finish it was an improvement, but did you think the team actually improved in terms of their performances last season? And do you think they are continuing to improve this season?

Fair enough if you do...maybe I'm missing something. I'd just be interested to see what people think has improved in our play since JK came in, rather than just getting the same answer of 'well we finished 6th therefore we must have improved'.

Mainly based on finishing 6th, as last season the low points were lower than anything I've seen for years, so they balanced out what I thought were some better performances.

I think we've improved again this season - attitude and attack. If we can make some strides with defence and discipline then great.

But that mixture of very low points and the odd high point is exactly what we were seeing under COS, so I'm not really sure I'd describe the continuation of that as an improvement.

As I've said before on here I think we were very lucky Northampton were such a shower last season, and I think our move from 6th to 7th was as much about them having a shocker as it was about us actually getting any better.

And as for this season, I think last night and the London Irish game have been as bad if not worse than anything we saw last season, and we haven't really had the sort of performances to balance that out the other way. We could point to the Wasps win, but that seems to have been proved to be a flash in the pan very quickly.

I agree that elements of our attacking play have looked better, but not sure about attitude. I think the rank inconsistency suggests a real issue with attitude, and the discipline issues seem to back that up. Coupled with a defence that has gone backwards this season, and the fact that our home record has very quickly been torn up, I think it's very charitable to suggest we've improved.

The one thing in JK's favour remains the fact that we've got a lot of players out injured so he can point to that as an excuse. But whilst the injuries are bad, none of that really excuses a performance like last night's 'effort' and I just think a better DOR would be doing more to ensure that performances like that are 1 in a million, rather than 1 in 3.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net