rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: JUST GO MR KINGSTON!!
Posted by: talkshowhost86
Date: 27/10/2017 13:02
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Whilst I don't doubt that our club have a good spirit amongst them, if that's not actually following a particular plan then it won't be enough on many occasions.

What I find heartening is the passion shown by the team, and the fact that they clearly have unity. When we win a vital turnover or scrum, you can see how close they are.

What I find disheartening is how this can crumble so easily during a game and heads drop when the going is bad.

Maybe it is because they don't all follow the same plan. Is it that they don't trust the plan, or that they aren't good enough? Or does the plan just not work?

No way of knowing, but personally I think we're a team of good individuals who are all close as a team, but who are getting very little direction from on high (or they are getting direction that they don't believe in and therefore don't listen to) and are therefore largely doing their own thing.

That's why we'll get the odd sparkling performance (like against Sarries at the Stoop in recent years) or we'll get the odd gritty win (Wasps in the league this year) but ultimately it will never be consistent, and as you say if it doesn't immediately click we just fall apart.

They need someone to come in and shake them up, get them to do something a bit different and really buy into what the team is doing.

I don't think JK and the current team are able to do that.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net