rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: WOW....that was a first...
Posted by: FBQuin
Date: 28/10/2017 20:39
Quote:
Quaking Quin
Lots of firsts at the end of the game.
Booing only started when JK came down from the West Stand and was shown on the big screen going into the player area.

For the first time I can remember, JK stood very close to the end of the player tunnel as they came off the pitch.

Wow, because (1) JK suck hands with every player as they emerged. They each suck hands but no player appeared to make direct eye contact with JK but instead wheeled away to form their own pep-talk circle - without JK or any of the coaches. Compare and contrast with the adjacent Wuzz circle.

JK saying goodbye to the players? - I doubt it.

Something going on behind the scenes....... ?

We sit in Sth Stand and I believe that the booing had nothing to do with JK on big screen, but JP Doyle's decision to allow the try. My son thought the booing was aimed at the players.
I think there's a lot of wishful thinking going on here about JK out. I really do not think the powers that be will get rid of him during the season and, after a win today? Who would take his place? Would it be an appointment from within? Could it be Minty? We can speculate all we like, but JK will still be here at the end of the season.
I've posted elsewhere that I was a bit miserable today. I always look forward to watching Quins, but probably because of tiredness after a horrendous journey home from France last night, I could not get enthusiastic about today. Even after seeing 76 points & 11 tries, I had no enthusiasm. Each home game for me involves a journey by car from Kent & even more hassle trying to park somewhere without being held to ransom by the RFU(parking at Rosebine).
Anyhow I saw JK talking with James Horwill before players got in their huddle afterwards. Should we read anything into that? I'm not a great fan of JK, but I think he's done the right thing with Yarde and said go if you want. As others have posted on another thread, it is not just JK. What about the whole myriad of coaches we have? I get the impression there are one or two at the club who have got things cushy.
It would appear the Yarde thing is all about contracts. A Scottish international we chatted with today (NOT The Viss) said it was the case with Viss himself. He's taken it on the chin and got his head down. Perhaps that's what Yarde should have done!
Anyway I feel better now I've got a couple of things off my chest!
Will be at the Stoop again soon. Why? Because we support the team through thick & Thin.
Finally, please, please do not succumb to the football mentality and expect a win every game and then demand the head of the coach after every loss(or close win). There are lots of things that need resolving, but we don't have a magic wand like SOOTY!

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net