rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: JK statement...
Posted by: Jammy Git
Date: 01/11/2017 23:44
Eddie Jones took over a team that went from consistently winning 4/5 in the 6N to getting butchered at the world cup thanks to a dreadful S&C regime prior to the tournament. Jones hasn't exactly had to get the broom out, and some changes have been forced on him (he tried Burrell, he tried Farrell at 10, Alex Goode at any time, and quickly ditched those ideas) while other players have been available that weren't options for Lancaster (Sinckler, Te'o, Itoje). Bringing Hartley back was a good change in hindsight though obviously!

I think the main point is Eddie always had the players to do something with and they had already proven they were good but just needed to kick on a bit. JK felt he didn't have the players and is working towards changing that, but we've had injuries to all our signings, and additionally the side was in decline for some time. Last season he got us to our highest league finish for a while but everyone likes to believe there was no improvement.

Do I think JK is as good as Eddie Jones? Nah. Do I think another head coach might have done a better job? Sure, why not. Do I think Eddie would've had such a great record with England if he'd lost Farrell, Robshaw, Billy V, Mako, and Itoje for long periods? No chance smiling smiley

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net