rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: How a Referee Can Change Your Season
Posted by: scubashark
Date: 07/01/2018 11:46
Quote:
Chris1850
Quote:
Davenport Sharky
This game was a very exciting advert for rugby with lots of incidents and attractive play by two well matched teams. Results in rugby like in many sports hangs on all sorts of what ifs. What if Visser had not fouled De Klerk when you were on the verge of scoring in the first half? What if Joe Marler had not lost his cool? What if Smithís kick at goal had been a tiny bit more accurate? Etc etc. There were other incidents that were not in Quins control and others that Sale could feel aggrieved with. Itís the same in every single match. Stand up and yell at the ref at the time-great we all do it. Moan in a public forum that Carley has ruined your season is ridiculous. Sale have had many much more convincing controversial decisions go against them this season and I guess Quins have too. I think overall he had a good game and the standard of refereeing in the Aviva is higher than in France or Pro14. Itís a thankless task and I have every admiration for them.
I donít believe that there is any significant home bias intentional or unintentional. Indeed if referees would instinctively be biased it might be against a team whose director of rugby has been banned on more than one occasion for having the same one eyed opinion on a refereeís performance. I suggest you like Steve Diamond should keep it to discussion over a pint in the pub after the match. The rugby ethos is shaking hands after the game which I hope Joe and TJ managed to do.

Good post apart from your last sentence. The rugby ethos does not extend to shaking hands an hour later with someone who has blatantly and deliberately set out to to commit an act of unprovoked thuggery.

Sorry but your completely wrong ... thatís what rugby ethos is all about .. things happen in the ďheat of battleĒ but once the whistle blows for full time its over ... in the (distant) past Iíve had many a disagreement on the pitch but always and I mean always have been able to shake hands and have a pint with my opponent.. in fact itís generally the ones that you have the disagreement with that you seek out .... thatís rugby ethos !!!!

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net