rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Pride in the team
Posted by: MoANjAm
Date: 31/12/2012 16:05
If your understanding of 'pride' is based purely upon the difference between being a winner and not a loser then you and I completely disagree about what it means to support a professional sporting club. Particularly this one.

For my part I was proud of Bruce's attitude the day we got relegated in 2007; I was as proud walking around the Heineken corporate tent in Cardiff, when we lost one of the greatest finals in the history of the game, as I was walking around the pitch at Twickenham in 2000 when we won the HC for the first time.

I am proud every time I see a player get smacked down only to get right back up again and have another go, irrespective of the final result.

I am proud that we have a club and a set of players/management who always refer to the level of support they get from the fans and never appear to take that for granted.

I was proud when I read an emotional, frank and heartfelt blog from Calum Clark about how much it hurt to lose last season at Thomand Park after 87 minutes and 'that' drop goal.

It's things like that, that make me realise (as if i didnít already know) that these are very young men, who regularly put their bodies on the line as part of their day job, often in circumstances that generate enormous levels of passion and emotion which I simply cannot relate to, and at the end of the day I feel they deserve my appreciation.

To all those people who regularly serve up a dollop of whining and moaning on this board each time the team loses, just because they cannot deal with the emotional impact I genuinely, seriously feel sorry for you. (And for those who do it just to be be controversial and Troll-like; as the great bard said in Julius Caesar; 'May your next turd be a Pineapple!')

Happy New Year everyone. (Sm128)

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net