rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: NEWS:...a different world then.....
Posted by: harryw
Date: 23/07/2017 02:05
[quote Longers]As for Colin Milburn, simply put, he was a lovely man.

Met Colin at the Wimpey in Gold Street when had just joined the ground staff, also there were Stuart Jakeman and Malcolm Scott and after a few meetings became friends with all three of them.

Bernard Sunley used to have a Blackwood Hodge side comprising local cricketers and some professionals who played at Ashton in front his house.on Sundays.

Some 2 years later I got into the side as a fielder and Colin was there because not only was he very good but he was a very sociable person so we reconnected and I shared many a pleasant evening with him.

I met him again at the Salon when he was an England cricketer and he came out of his way to come across and spent time chatting about the old days , strange as we were both in our early 20's and to his credit he was the same old smashing person, lovely bloke taken too soon.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net