rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Team's Up
Posted by: Deesaint
Date: 08/09/2017 17:54
Quote:
HungryLikeTheWolf
Quote:
Deesaint
Quote:
ancient mariner
Quote:
HungryLikeTheWolf
Assume Woody and Ribbans injured. Remember Paterson was a standout lock for Sale a couple of years ago.... the rest as expected.

Please tackle Harry, just get something on them.... if that channel is secure and scrums ok like last week then we win....

I looked at the stats and Harry looks really bad, but little Austin had some interesting words in today's DT

"There was a complete absence of intensity or workrate from the forwards, particularly in the first half. A symptom of that was Harry Mallinder often defending at guard or bodyguard where he got caught looking at the ruck rather than scanning what was in front of him. Mallinder should not really be there but he is there because he has got a high work rate and the front five have not got themselves into position. He will get criticised for missing tackles, but at least he made the effort to get there in the first place."

Seems reasonable to me, and Austin occasionally gets it right. His piece today was quite balanced for an ex-Tiger.

@#$%& - hate to agree with AH but he has a point.
Do you remember when Samu Manoa was stopping oppo in their tracks and forcing them backwards at a rate of notts
It inspired the rest of the team
Unfortunately, and I hope I am proved wrong, when I look at our scrum No. 1 / 3 / 4 / 5 and 7 have question marks over them regarding intensity, speed, stamina, dynamism I think they want to do it but just don't seem able at present.
Is it fitness is it in the mind is it just old legs.
When I called for change on a previous thread it was knocked back as 'our scrum went well'
That's only a small amount of a forward's input into the game.
Bath beat Tigers last week by stopping them on the game line then forcing them back
Unless we repeat that intensity and do what we did with Sarries and allow them to punch holes at will
It could be a long afternoon.
T is a 7 !!

That's all fine from Austin but it's over analysis of Harry. He doesn't have very good technique one-on-one, gets head caught often, doesn't put weight forward into it etc, clearly injuries for a young lad haven't helped mentally. He may have been in position x or y for whatever reason but he needs to drastically improve basic tackling.

Thank the lord manu isn't playing....

Accept your point
But
Harry shouldn't be the player defending in positions he finds himself - would Myler ; never
Back row is not doing coverage that they should do
Forwards need a serious rocket

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net