rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Saracens....................
Posted by: HungryLikeTheWolf
Date: 09/10/2017 15:33
Quote:
Thrupp artist
Agree it must be Burrell and Horne for this game - but the question is who plays 10 when spoilt for choice. We have beaten Saracens more than once with the Burrell/Myler combo and we all know the reliability of Stephen's game. Harry has of course been the subject of criticism in the 10 role but he has played a very important part in the 4 straight wins. Piers is the future but has he played enough in this team to start this game at 10? Whoever is picked I hope there will be no cries of nepotism (if applicable) and that we can all get behind the team selected and cheer them to victory.
There is another alternative - Horne has played a lot on the wing and moving him there would create various possible midfield combinations (I don't favour this option but it could be interesting to see how it works during a game)

Have we not noticed a correlation between Horne playing centre and us winning matches? He’s truly world class, he needs to be in the midfield making breaks and organising our defence. Not sure I would advocate dropping North or Collins who are playing very well indeed.....

There is nothing that Myler can do that Francis can’t apart from having a more reliable kick at goal. There is plenty that Francis can do that Myler can’t. If we spend this season not playing Piers 10, I don’t think we get top 4.

It took Horne zero ‘gametime’ to be up to speed. It would take Francis zero game time at 10 vs other options. They’re top level super rugby backs, different gear to the Prem. Just get him in there no faffing about. They do hundreds so of reps in training - what else are they doing !! Trust me if they look at the team sheets and see Francis at 10 they’re be more worried.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net