rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: NEWS: European Cup:Northampton Saints v Saracens Game Thread
Posted by: nottsaint
Date: 11/10/2017 09:55
IMHO The game plan for Sarries has to be something along the lines of;
1) Play in the right areas of the field, there is no point box kicking it 15yrds from within our 22. We need good tactical kicking. Play them deep, but don't forget to exploit the dink over the top to keep them honest.
2) Chase and Attack them with ferocity and aggression, particularly the breakdown, the pack has to work really hard here, I would be telling them, I will make changes early on in the 2nd, so work really hard whilst your on...
We have seen before when sarries have got frustrated by us with this, and whilst they haven't gone to pot, they have started to give away penalties.
3) Kick the chances, early on, hopefully there isn't much wind, and we have a good day from the tee.

For me, I think this leads to having Myler as the starting 10.
We need the control, and we need to squeeze, as I don't think its going to be possible to have an open running game as sarries are too organised.

maybe Piers can do all this just as well or better than Myler, but I know that Myler can do this well. but it starts with the pack (IMHO)

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net