rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: NEWS: European Cup:Northampton Saints v Saracens Game Thread
Posted by: Saint Stokey
Date: 11/10/2017 16:11
my thoughts are different. We have played our best rugby this year when our backs have been playing close to the gain line, attackers receiving the ball at pace, drawing their man then passing into space.

This will require our forwards to be on every single breakdown and quickly, then groom or reinach to get quick ball.

So for me, Francis is the man for the moment. I'd have Myler on the bench as someone to close out the game and bring that cool head or perhaps to come on with a chance of tactic if things aren't working out.

Harry should be treated as a finisher for this match. Recently, some of his kicks have gone wayward but more worryingly, he's had a couple of brain freezes then a bit of panic sets in, the ball gets chucked about and it all gets loose. This is when Sarries will pounce, as we saw in game 1.

I think Sarries will expect us to come out with Mylers kicking game so i think we should run at them hard and fast, reset, keep possession then run at them again.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net