rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Sarries Vs Saints
Posted by: ElySaint
Date: 21/01/2018 06:54
Quote:
fleetg
Blimey I have found a comrade in Flyhooker re Harry Mallinder !!!
I realise I am still in the minority but I just don't get what the majority seem to see. We keep hearing he is young and will be wonderful but in amongst an ok performance versus Clermont (still dodgy kicking) he throws in nightmares v Quins and Sarries ; sorry not goid enough if we really have ambitions to challenge in the future.

I find it hard to argue with your assessment fleetg. I see a young player with great potential. At 6'5" and well over 17 stone he has the physical attributes to build a good defence but does not seem willing or able to. I agree he has blown hot and cold and he really needs to find consistency because next season he'll be 22 and with everyone fit I don't see him as having enough to be considered first choice at 10, 12 or 15.

I will temper this criticism with acknowledgment that he has filled the breach at 10 commendably with seemingly endless injuries to Piers and Myler.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net