rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Saints' Hall of Fame new members
Posted by: SaintMaul
Date: 27/02/2018 23:38
Quote:
tedge
I don't think Buck was here long enough to qualify

I hear the point he was only with us a short time but for me it is about impact rather than longevity. Pat Lam is in the Hall of Fame and was with us for 3 seasons but what a difference he made. What a leader.

Buck was with us for two. He was a pivotal player who brought an All Black professional mentality to a Saints team trying to believe we deserved to be at the top table after years in the wilderness. We got to our first ever Pilkington Cup Final with him. We was one of the key figures for why we are a major team today unlike say Richmond or Coventry.

Would Dawson have come to Saints without the impact Shelford had? Would the likes of Rodber stayed?

I guess we all have our favourites. Who would be yours who isn't already in the Hall of Fame?

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net