rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Paul Hill
Posted by: Christoff
Date: 16/05/2018 11:53
Quote:
Matthew
Quote:
smitferbrainz
Quote:
Eif Jones
As Adam Jones commented - as an experienced prop I did to the youngster (i.e. Hill) what used to happen to me as experienced props gave me a tough time when I was a youngster. I have always thought that Hill's confidence was shattered by the hammering he received from Adam and its taken time for him to recover.

I remember a Heineken cup game against Ospreys at the Gardens a few years ago now when Jones got destroyed by a young Alex Waller. I had a mate with me who is an Ospreys fan. Hilarious so it was. I remember going to the Millenium a few months later when England beat Wales and he got destroyed yet again by either Mako or Cole, can't remember which one. Good though!

My first thought on Eif's post too. Waller turned a couple of Lions inside out that season, as I recall.

He did Matthew. That led up to the Saxon's cap and he may have been considered unlucky not to get a full cap. To me, since then, our previous coaching team tried to grind him into the dust by overplaying him to a massive extent imo. He's not quite been the same since. Used properly he could be that good again. That Waller and a properly trusted Hill could make our front row really good again.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net