Video nasty fuels Coventry's anger after last-gasp defeat...
By John Wilkinson, Coventry Telegraph.
November 2 2012
SIX days on from their last-gasp defeat at Fylde, Coventry’s sense of injustice is no less as they prepare for Sunday’s game against Blackheath at the Butts Park Arena.
Beaten 22-20 by a score from the final play of the game, Cov felt that none of the rub went their way in a closely-contested game – a view backed up by the match video on Fylde’s website, which shows clearly that the quickly-taken line-out leading up to the home side’s second try was illegal.
“We felt aggrieved at the time and more so after seeing that,” said rugby director Phil Maynard. “As soon as I saw it I rang the referee. He’d seen it as well, and the first thing he said was that we were right.
“It just makes us think that we have got to be 20 points better than these to make sure we win.
“But we have to take it on the chin, pick ourselves up, and resolve that we don’t put ourselves in that sort of position where the game can turn on an incident like that.”
Cov make one change to their starting line-up for Sunday, with Jacques Le Roux returning at No.8.
On the bench at Fylde, the South African takes over from Mark Hopley, who switches to blind side flanker at the expense of Brett Daynes, an ever-present in the side so far.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment.
We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals.
We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards.
If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing