December 30 2004
Drunken Wasps Travel - Terms and Conditions of Sale
There are a few important things you need to know when buying goods or booking an away match package with “Drunken Wasps Travel”
1. All work in making arrangements, managing bookings, sorting out statements and other administration is done on a voluntary basis by fellow supporters in their own time, at no charge to people using their services. Any "DW Booking Fee" charged and all surplus monies and profits from events and sales goes straight into the Charity Bin. To date, the DWs have raised in excess of £5000 for various charities.
2. No insurance cover is provided at all, and you must make sure that you have sufficient cover in place, or take the personal risk of being uninsured. You book or buy on this basis.
3. The DWTS facility is provided on a "by trust" basis, with no contractual commitment on either side. Any hotel arrangements etc. are made on your behalf by us, but the actual contract if any is between you and the provider. If it all goes tits up, we’re all in the same boat. Things have and will go wrong – but we manage to get out of it (usually!) We look at it this way – we have to make these arrangements for ourselves, so why not just do it for a few more? It’s not that much extra hassle (until it comes to getting money in!)
4. It is expected that you behave like grown-ups; e.g. if you are told to be at a certain place at a certain time to get a bus, you don't cry if you get there late and it has gone without you. Can’t find your way home? Ask the local plod! And if you have extensive conversations with the local plod, we’ll inform the local Embassy on the way top the airport.
5. If you give plenty of notice that you cannot travel, we will try and recover any monies paid over or cancel rooms or seats if we are able, but the risk is yours. If you know this more than a week in advance, usually hotels will co-operate. See 2 above.
6. Payment is due on receipt on statement. Frequently the organisers use their own funds or credit facilities to float these trips or events, and it is only by prompt payment that this is possible. Late payers may find future trips booked up or items sold out before they apply. What about earned interest, you might ask. It happens very rarely, but see 1 above.
7. It is your responsibility to get any monies owed to the correct place by the due date. Drunken Wasps is not a credit card company and we do not have facilities to carry debts incurred in good faith on your behalf. Late payment may jeopardise your place or goods if there is a waiting list.
8. We do not offer a tailored service. If you don’t like the flight times or carriers we use, prefer a different airport, fancy a different hotel, then it really isn’t a problem. It’s all there on the internet. We keep our costs to a minimum by doing vanilla only. Oh, and Thomas Cook do a vanilla as well, only it costs more and frequently doesn’t taste as good as ours! Ours has those little black seedy bits in it.
9. You might read the above and think "that's a bit harsh!" Well, if that is so, please remember you have the option to arrange the trip yourself, and there is no obligation to take up our offers. I would recommend, if you are doubtful, that you post and ask for opinions of the service.
Drunken Wasps Travel – cruel but fair.