Pete has kept us entertained over the Summer with his cunning teasers - here are the last 15. As always, please don't use search engines to look up answers for posting. It defeats the purpose of the piece, as well as ruining the effort Pete has made. No merit is gained either way as questions are intended for fun. If you only know part of an answer, put it up for the discussion of others - it might lead us to the whole answer! Expanding on an answer, giving full reasoning is positively encouraged - so away we go for one last time...
THE SUMMER QUIZ 2016 - THE FINAL ROUND
1. What connects the Norwegian writer Jo Nesbo and Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart?
2. What word might link Tarzan, a type of Tea, a famous cavalry regiment and a fictional school?
3. What connects George Orwell, a Russian Princess and a futuristic pilot?
4. What is the secret link between Rudyard Kipling, Ron Greenwood, Mozart, George Washington, Sir Christopher Wren?
5. What might link the following - recurve, long, composite, cross?
9. three pips, a crown, a crown and one pip, a crown and two pip…
10.1832 – 1867 – 1884 – 1918…
11. “A very remarkable people the "……" They defeat our generals, convert our Bishops and have settled the fate of a great European dynasty “. Who was this Prime Minister talking about?
12. Who was famously described as, “Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know“?
13. The traditional opening of the Catholic and even Anglican Mass/ Eucharist is the prayer “God have mercy, Lord have mercy “ – Even when the rest of the mass is in the vernacular this is often sung in its original language. What is that language?
14. Sailor, Unready , Lack-land , Farmer- were epithets applied to who - identify please.
15. What was electoral right - was abolished in 1948 ?
Q3 Orwell wrote a poem with lines something like "dare to do this, dare to do that" - the only one line I am fairly certain of is "dare to stand alone" So, it seems the key is "dare" and I'm guessing the futuristic pilot is Dan Dare but I don't know how the Russian Princess fits
Did prisoners have the right to vote prior to 1947?
No.8 I'm assuming these are well known Italians but I don't recognise them as artists or footballers so I'm going to go with either prime ministers or popes?
8. Ah thanks for the steer Corkst - Im sure they are Popes - I dont recognise all of them but Albino Luciani was the short lived pope (John Paul 1) so Im guessing the next is Karol Wojtyla ( John Paul II) his successor.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment.
We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals.
We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards.
If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing