Latest news:
Untitled Document

Current Page: 29 of 31
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
mitzy 04 May, 2019 10:45
Well, that was a waste of time. All draught Butcombe bitter sold out immediately after the game and after one pint so was the only other draught beer. Add that to massive queues it was a very disappointing end to a great game and fantastic season.

airdog 04 May, 2019 11:27
well E 33 was rammed last night with people some of whom were interested with the rugby ! so I can understand the argument for allocated seating but this would have to have some sort of supervision , last night I dont think I saw a steward in this area or E32 .

On a personal note as one who is totally unable to do anything on line I renewed on the good old landline the other day and the very pleasant and helpful young man allocated me the exact seat I requested so thats me sorted but can understand why others are unhappy .

I think this is a case like the Friday/Saturday/Sunday match day preference we get every year when whatever the club decides will upset many .

MarkJ 04 May, 2019 13:24
Hi Tom,
Firstly can i say I have been watching rugby for around 50 years and this season at Bristol has been the most enjoyable in all that time. The team have ben a joy to watch.
The reason for me writing is that the club are missing out on so much revenue from the bar areas and after a few years at the gate it still doesn't improve. Last night I left my seat on the half time whistle to get a drink for myself and my wife. The queue in front was less then 10 people. By the end of half time there were still 5 people in front of me and the ones who had been there had only about 2 or 3 drinks each. This means that in 15 minutes the bar staff served just 15 pints My wife then relieved me in the queue so I could watch the start of the second half. She finally got served ten minutes into the second half so missed both Sale and Bris tries. The organisation behind the bars is very poor to non existent. An experienced supervisor behind each bar would more than double the sales capacity. It is not surprising so many people choose to drink in the pubs outside the ground when service is this bad.
On another matter from last night. I was really looking forward to the player presentations in the Lansdowne concourse after the game. We went to watch these but simply could not hear any of the players speak. this was the same last year at the promotion party. It seems crazy that an organisation in the entertainment and events business cannot produce a working PA system in their own stadium. Given we couldn't hear, we gave up and left and went for a drink at the Tobacco Factory, yet more lost revenue.
I really appreciate the enormous investment by Steve Lansdown in the club and find it incredibly frustrating to see him not reaping the reward of these extra sales on bumper nights at the ground. I would strongly advocate some mystery shoppers being used in the ground to get Bristol Sport a real view of the fans experience, it would be very enlightening in many areas.

tbr 04 May, 2019 16:55
Quote:
MarkJ
...My wife then relieved me in the queue...
FNAR! FNAR!

mitzy 04 May, 2019 19:39
I agree wholeheartedly MarkJ. I asked Tom to address the problem of running out of beer well before the game and received assurances that the matter would be sorted. It wasn't (see my previous posts)

Rinkadink 04 May, 2019 23:41
Wasn't just beer, went to buy a round of Thatchers Gold (spending a fair amount of time in the queue) just after the match and the Lansdown bars had sold out. The temporary ones across the way I visited after couldn't even work out a season ticket discount.

We were intending to stay around until close but given the situation and travel settled with the overpriced one and headed back, missing out on seeing friends as well. Bit of a disappointing conclusion to the season and worrying as the stadium had not sold 27,000 tickets. I would suggest if our owner wants to see average attendances of well over 20,000 things have to improve.

Were the speeches from players and the like recorded last night? Would be good to put online or on a Bluray. Post match pitch side presentation was great though, hope the players enjoyed it.

Rinkadink 04 May, 2019 23:49
Oh another thing; shirt availability in the shop was non-existent. Had people over from NZ who were looking to pick some up but only the away shirt in a 4XL and Euro shirt in 5XL were there. That's it. And for some reason exempt from the 40% discount on all Bristol Bears merchandise even though the shirts are on the main advertising for the 40% discount.

I would have picked up a home shirt (It's the only one I don't have from this season) too but I'm now unable to. Will we be seeing any go up for sale again or has that ship sailed? Shame to miss out on this new chapter in our history.

Hercules Spoons 05 May, 2019 20:32
and nowhere to sit down with a drink even if you can get one.

Olly 07 May, 2019 11:37
Hiya Tom
I'm going to get in first and before First group or anyone else for that matter points out that the one and only AG6 Bus was half empty again Friday night. This route is planned to arrive at the stadium literally just before kickoff, If that wasn't bad enough The planned travel time is not factual as it always takes longer than scheduled. Then to rub salt in the wound and not for the first time the bus arrived at its starting point over 15 minutes late and consequently arrived at Ashton gate even later than normal. Many had by that time given up and caught other busses and or taxis. Hence half empty bus. The other issue being it leaves too soon after the game. Rugby people are a social lot we like to meet friends have a drink and a chat before and after the game. The current departure and arrival times do not allow for that. Couple that with its unreliability and you can see why with a crowd of over 20,000 the bus was half full and why many don't use it anymore. Shame because for many like me it's door-to-door service. I very often have to use another bus and then a taxi or walk from Clifton triangle especially if I am meeting friends etc.
First group like all public transport companies has to understand that Busses like all public transport have got to run at times customers want to use them and not at times the companies dictate.

Bristol, like the glass is Blue, Bristol Blue.

Hercules Spoons 07 May, 2019 16:32
To balance this Olly, and I donít wish to detract from your point, I have found the AG2 ( Brislington P&R) very reliable although the journey time is nothing like the 20mins the website states so I never risk the last bus that leaves 45mins before KO

Olly 07 May, 2019 20:51
One of the issues with the AG6 is there is only one bus. Miss it and there is a good chance you miss the start of the game as there is no other and no other direct alternative service.

Bristol, like the glass is Blue, Bristol Blue.

Beer1234 09 May, 2019 12:04
I couldn't agree more with Olly about the AG6 bus.
The stated 35 minute trip time is a joke, especially on Friday nights.
People have definitely given up waiting for it and jumped in taxis.
I've never caught it back.

Given it's circuitous route, long trip time, lateness I know several people who'd rather drive to the Portway and catch that bus, than risk the AG6.

So if First got it leaving on time, had a more realistic journey time, the AG6 would be a lot more popular.

peter j 22 May, 2019 09:39
Tom will there be any footage of players who won awards being uploaded to any social media ?

Rinkadink 22 May, 2019 09:51
Has Tom stopped coming on here now? Last post was 30th April and we're now on the 22nd May.

Probably been busy but its weeks after our last home game and there was a lot of feedback from it. Hope we've all been heard.

Bris Kev 26 May, 2019 10:04
I donít blame him to be fair

Jim H 16 June, 2019 07:36
Tom,

Is it true that 10 of the 13 clubs have taken the extra step of investing just over £2m each for a collective stake of just under 10 per cent in a new company which will look after the Premiershipís commercial activity? And are Bristol one of the 10?

Arjay 05 July, 2019 14:02
Tom,
Now that work has started on the new training facility, will there be a webcam showing progress similar to AG refurb?

Big Dave 16 July, 2019 20:44
Hi, Tom. Are Bristolís colours officially no longer navy blue and white?

borninthewood 16 July, 2019 22:54
Great question BD

airdog 17 July, 2019 07:29
yes great question but dont hold your breath waiting for an answer , still no replies from Tom since April 30th .

Current Page: 29 of 31

This Thread has been closed
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net